Friday, April 24, 2009

Living Life

My friend Stuart ran the Boston Marathon last Monday. I tracked his progress and marveled at how well he did. He is an amazing runner, the kind you're jealous of because he makes it seem so effortless. And he cranks out the miles, day after day.

He was going to come to Idaho to run the Pocatello Marathon in September. I opted for the half marathon, just like last year. But I digress . . . I asked Stuart if he signed up, and he said he met someone who offered him a free place to stay in Chicago, so he's going to run Chicago in October and Athens in November.

Athens, wow.

I commented on how well-traveled he is and how I told my husband that he is the only person I know who lives life to its fullest. He's been all over the world and is so amiable, that he makes friends everywhere he goes.

His comment back? Life is too short so you just have to get out there and do what you want. He said he's poor, but happy.

He may be poor monetarily, but he's one of the richest people I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment