Friday, June 26, 2009

I don't know if it's just me, but I'm not feeling like my usual chipper self. In fact, some days this past week, I've felt downright rotten! My husband seems to think we need a vacation, but I don't think that's it at all. What I need is a confidence boost.

When things don't seem to come together for me, I stress out. Then I feel like I'm worthless. Then I dig myself a hole. I know I have 2 choices: dig deeper or get out. Of course, getting out is advisable, but it's not always easy.

For example, I've been reading a book to help me revise the rough draft of my novel. I keep wondering how people have published 48 books, or even 4 books for that matter. I'm not a slug, but I wonder if I'm missing something here. I can't even seem to get one book out the door to agents, let alone think about writing any more. So it depresses me.

I keep telling myself that I need to revise one word at a time, one sentence at a time. And I need to keep writing. It will all come together eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment