Friday, June 5, 2009

We had a family reunion at our house last Sunday, my mom's side of the family. People came from California and Utah, and we had a fully house!

The great thing about having people over is that I clean my house really well. Because I'm not a fan of cleaning, I've devised a new plan--clean a little each day. So I'll clean all the bedrooms one day, the bathrooms the second day, the kitchen the third day, the living room the fourth day, my office the fifth day, the weight room the sixth day, rest the seventh day, then start over again. My husband can clean his own office. If I do it, he'll never find anything!

Family reunions are great for other reasons, and probably more important reasons as well. We re-connect, eat great food, laugh, and have a picture-fest. Our once-a-year gathering reminds us that no matter where we are, family matters.

I'm very blessed to be surrounded by wonderful, supportive people. And as we all get older, I think we realize that coming together once a year is good for our souls. At least I know it's good for mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment