Friday, May 29, 2009

Procrastination

I am the queen of procrastination! I know I have a deadline. I know I have a zilliion things to do. But I always wait until the last minute.

Here's a great example: I enter a quilt contest every year. I get the fabric in June or July and it doesn't have to be turned in until the following May. I started my quilt in April this year. I thought I was doing good! But starting didn't mean finishing--until the last minute. I stayed up until after midnight last night, sewing like a crazy woman, then got up at 5 this morning to finish it up.

Yes, I could have done it over the weekend, but I didn't. And now I feel kind of bad because my sewing isn't very good and I keep thinking I shouldn't have turned it in because it was a little crooked.

I thrive on stress and work harder if I'm pushed up against a deadline. I know I could have a much calmer life if I wouldn't do that.

I am promising myself, right here, right now, that I will get my quilt for next year's contest done by Christmas.

Don't worry, my fingers and toes are crossed . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment