Friday, August 14, 2009

Last week I failed to write. And the reason is really stupid--I didn't think I had anything to say.

Everyone who knows me knows I never run short on commentary. But what I did, was convince myself there was nothing to write about. I put up a fence in my mind that I couldn't get over, under or through. I let myself believe I was meant to be silent.

I thought about this when I watched my Rottweiler, Sami, walking through the living room. He can walk around the ottoman going one direction, but not the other. For whatever reason, he decided the floor is scary in one spot.

I usually push my way through the scary spots in life, and so far it's worked out well. I rarely believe I can't do something. But last week, I fought my muse and I won. It wasn't a victory--it was defeat by the mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment