Friday, July 31, 2009

Isn't it amazing how we learn things and sometimes have to unlearn them to move forward in a different direction?

For example, I was practicing a sales call on the phone, and jumped right into the nuts and bolts of the call. I had to stop and start over because I wasn't creating rapport. I've never had to do the nice touchy feely chit chat before. It's so different, but so vital to my new career.

I'm having to transform myself in a lot of ways. I have to bite my tongue. I have to know that my customer is always right. I have to play nice in the sandbox. In my previous life as an attorney, those things weren't mandatory.

But it's good for me to step out and have a whole new perspective. I think it's going to make me grow in many ways and make me a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment