Friday, August 28, 2009

My mom fell and broke her leg on Sunday. I know it's not a good thing to be 78 and have a broken femur, but if nothing else, it has brought the family together.

All the family on both sides who live in Utah, have come to visit. I haven't seen a lot of my aunts and uncles and cousins in years. Although the situation wasn't ideal for a get together, it was nice to catch up on what's going on. Most of my aunts and uncles talked about their ailments, prescriptions and doctors. My cousins talked about their jobs, kids, and hobbies. We all connected, and I forgot how much I miss my extended family. We were so close at one time, but life has taken over. We've become too busy to keep in touch. We've all gone our own direction. We've all changed our priorities.

We agreed we need to get together again, under better circumstances. We say that, but whether or not it happens, only time will tell.

I sure hope the next time I see them isn't at a funeral for one of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment