Friday, September 4, 2009

It's been a busy, hectic week!

I've been looking at my to-do lists since Monday and see that very few things have been marked off as being done. Sometimes when the unexpected happens and there is a shift in priorities, I have to take a deep breath and tell myself it's okay. There are a lot of phone calls that I haven't made. There is a lot of writing I haven't done. There are a lot of emails that haven't been answered.

But my family is more important than these other little tasks that I feel I have to do. I'd rather spend time with my mom and dad because that time is starting to wind down. I'd have a hard time forgiving myself if I let other things take precedence over their lives. Sure it stresses me out sometimes, but I don't want to look back and wish I had another day or another hour with them.

Sometimes I think people forget that life is limited. We rush here and there and over-schedule our days. For what? To get a raise or a bonus? To move up the ladder? To impress people who shouldn't matter as much as our family?

No. I'm going to put first things first and if I miss an opportunity, so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment