Saturday, November 28, 2009

Hard to believe it's almost the end of November--and the end of NANO!

I fell woefully behind last week because of some family medical emergencies. So I took my current word count, figured out how far away from 50,000 words I was. Then I counted the number of days left in November. By doing some simple math, I figured out that I had to write 2,834 words a day to get to my goal. So far, it's worked, and there are only 2 days left.

I am looking forward to December 1. It will be a glorious day in my life!

But I will also rejoice because I overcame some curveballs and with perseverance, will once again reach my goal.

I do vow to continue to work on my novel every day until it's done. My new goal is to complete the horrible thing we call a rough draft by December 31. I don't want to lose the momentum I've built, and I want to start 2010 with another piece that I can work and polish so I have another manuscript ready to send out.

The difference is the pressure won't be the same. I'll have to finish under my own self-imposed rules.

I'll let you know how it goes ...

No comments:

Post a Comment