Saturday, November 14, 2009

Yesterday was Friday the 13th.

I'm not superstitious, but there was a lot of craziness yesterday, and I didn't get much done. I vowed last weekend to stay on top of NANO to avoid getting so far behind. It was hard writing 8,000 words over two days. So you think I'd learn. But I didn't write at all yesterday. That means today, I'm looking at 3,334 words.

Life taken in small pieces is so much easier than tackling them in big chunks. Lately I've been chanting over and over, "inch by inch it's a cinch; yard by yard it's hard". My to-do list is overwhelming, so I break it down: an hour for this task, an hour for that task. Of course I have to be a little flexible because if I'm on a writing roll, I don't want to stop on the hour. I let my muse go and then try not to stress out because I'm off schedule.

So a few hours set aside today for NANO, and I'll be back on track. I'll chip away at the other things that need to be done as well and see what I can accomplish. By the time I hit my bed tonight, I should be content in knowing I did my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment