Tuesday, December 18, 2012


Musings on MusaPublishing

 
After I wrote my novel, 2012: The Rising, I started sending queries to agents. I had some requests for chapters and full manuscripts, but because time was so short, I thought I should entertain small presses as well.

Another search ensued, and I sent more queries out. One evening in March 2012, I was surprised by an e-mail I received. It was from Matt at Musa Publishing. He said he was intrigued by my story, and wanted to offer me a contract.

I sat in disbelief. Could this be real? Was I finally getting the opportunity to publish my novel?

When I got the contract, I reviewed it, signed it, and did the few things that Musa asked me to do. Then I was introduced to an incredible group of writers at the Musa family. They are supportive of each other, and share a lot of helpful information. The staff is approachable, and that makes for a wonderful environment.

I feel blessed to be part of Musa and to be surrounded by such talent. Musa is growing, and they have already shown in the short time they have been around, what a mighty force they are.

I wasn't completely sold on e-books before Musa, but e-books are here to stay. I have joined the revolution, and even ordered a Kindle Fire!

If you are an author, I would encourage you to submit to Musa. If you are a reader, I would encourage you to browse their books and see the quality of work they produce. You'll never meet a harder working group of people, who really care about authors and readers.
 
It's hard to be an author, but the journey is easier and more enjoyable when you belong to a community as wonderful as Musa.

No comments:

Post a Comment