Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Checking the Resolutions


For 2013, I made some resolutions, and am checking in with my progress.

First, I decided to write 2,000 words a week. I have admittedly failed so far. However, I've written five to six hundred words a week, and I spent the last six weeks doing heavy edits on the second book of my trilogy (that I just submitted to my publisher). Hopefully it will be accepted!

Second, I vowed to read ten pages of a book each day. I have admittedly failed so far. But if you count my own book, then I read twenty-five to thirty pages or more each day.

Third, I said I would be content. This is a toss-up. Some days I achieve this, some days I don’t, but I’d like to believe I’m content more often than not.

Even though it’s the second week of February and it appears I haven’t been one hundred percent true to my resolutions, I’m not beating myself up. I’ve done good work so far, and will keep plodding along as best as I can. I didn’t abandon my goals, just took a small detour.

Now it’s back to the path…

No comments:

Post a Comment