Thursday, February 7, 2013

Have a Healthy Heart


My husband and I went for heart tests today. We each had a cholesterol/triglyceride/glucose blood test, baseline EKG, and vein check. It took less than twenty minutes for all three tests, and now we have peace of mind that our hearts are healthy.

Heart disease, stroke, and diabetes are prevalent on both sides of my family. My father died from a stroke, and I would like to stay on Earth for as long as possible. Preventive tests are a must.

Because I would like everyone to stay on Earth for as long as possible, I’d like to take a moment to remind people to protect their hearts. There are simple ways to do so:

1)     Get the same heart tests as my husband and I had done.

2)     Keep your weight down, and be especially mindful of your waistline.

3)     Keep your mouth healthy, which means flossing and brushing your teeth.

4)     Watch your sodium and alcohol intake.

5)     Quit smoking.

6)     Exercise more and sit less.

7)     Eat more fruits and vegetables and less red meat.

8)     Don’t stress out.

9)     Laugh more.

For your peace of mind and that of your family and friends, please take care of your heart. Low cost tests are available everywhere in the month of February, so take advantage of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment