Friday, May 8, 2009

I taught at the local high school this past week. The kids are so funny and engaging to talk to.

I participate in a program through the state bar association called Lawyers in the Classroom. Four times a year, I teach the government class, all 60 or so high school seniors. It's interesting to hear their perspective about the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, Human Rights and responsibilities when they turn 18. Their world is so small, especially since they've been raised in a rural community.

My hope is that I've enlarged their world a little bit, and taught them something valuable they didn't know before. They have so much living ahead of them, and so many new experiences and challenges to face.

I remember being as eager, confident and protected as they are. The world is a big place, and it's easy to get lost. I still get lost, but am appreciative of the guidance I receive along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment