Friday, October 16, 2009

I got my first rejection letter already for my book. It's okay though. The way I look at it is this: I wouldn't have gotten the rejection letter if I hadn't sent the query, synopsis and sample chapters out to begin with.

Admittedly, it's been a while since I've sent any writing out, so it's been a while since I've gotten a rejection letter. And maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones who got a yes on the first story I ever sent to a magazine, and on the second and third one as well. I have a fairly decent track record when it comes to acceptances vs. rejections, but I'm bracing myself for more rejections as I try to find an agent for my book.

Rejection is a part of life--not always to be taken lightly, but not always to be taken so seriously either. Yes, I have my heart set on finding a publisher and seeing my book on bookstore shelves. Yes, I have my heart set on writing more novels and seeing my BOOKS on bookstore shelves. It all has to start somewhere, and by my estimation, a rejection letter is a fine place to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment