Friday, February 19, 2010

My husband has a great imagination, something I am jealous of. I see a snow-capped mountain and he sees adventure. I see a field of yellow flowers while he sees romance. Some days I'm convinced I had the childlike curiosity sucked out of me when I nurtured my analytical brain, leaving the creative side of me behind.

Now that I'm writing more, I'm starting to see little changes in my thoughts. I am taking the time to notice the world around me. I'm playing the "what if?" game a lot more. And this process is enlarging my vision.

My husband recently came up with an idea for a book, and it is intriguing. While we were driving, I asked him questions about his idea and took notes. In response to some of my questions, he told me to think up what would happen, and I got annoyed. But after I took a step back, the outline started to take shape. I'm on my way to writing another novel, and still hoping to publish the one I've been sending out, as well as the manuscripts I am polishing.

I feel like I'm moving in the right direction in terms of my creative journey. And I'm looking forward to all the possibilities it has!

No comments:

Post a Comment