Saturday, February 27, 2010

Where did February go?

It seems like time passes faster and faster, the more I have on my plate. But I look at it as a good thing because my plate could be empty.

I'm currently doing research for a new novel--a creation from the mind of my husband. He has a fantastic imagination, of which I'm jealous. He often tells me I have no imagination, although I know it's not true. He just sees more in life than I do.

I thought about why that might be, and came to the realization that he takes time to notice things a little more deeply. He let's his mind wander in the wonder, while I skim past and don't put much thought into the event. He does the writerly thing and asks "what if", even though he isn't a writer.

I need to remember that slowing down and asking "what if" will put me in a new dimension of ideas. It might increase the heap on my plate, but it may also make my plate larger and able to accommodate more.

It's worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment