Tuesday, January 1, 2013


Welcome to 2013!
My husband and I talked about our resolutions.  He commented that most people make them and break them before the end of January. I told him that my resolutions were going to be few and easy.

My first goal is to write more consistently. In making this kind of goal, I have to be realistic about my time constraints and other obligations. Instead of telling myself I have to write every day, knowing I’ll blow this within the first week of the New Year, I decided that I will write 2,000 words a week. It’s attainable, and won’t put so much pressure on me that it will become a burden instead of a joy.

My second goal is to read more.  I read my magazines at the gym on the days I don’t run, but I don’t spend enough time reading books. I have several titles stacked up, and I resolve to read ten pages every day. It doesn’t sound like much, but seventy pages a week will add up!
My last goal is to be content. I spend a lot of time worrying about everything that needs to be done, and sometimes the stress stops me from doing anything. I shall celebrate the accomplishments, analyze (but not dwell on) the disappointments, and move on to other opportunities.

Resolutions aren’t made to be broken. My goals for 2013 may be short, but they can be reached.
May your 2013 resolutions be fulfilled, and may you have good health, peace, and blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment