Thursday, March 14, 2013

Promotion


You’ve written your book, have your publication date, and now need to sell. How can you maximize your sales creatively?

I’m sure you’ve heard it before: authors are largely responsible for their own marketing. Some people struggle with self-promotion, while others aren’t sure where to begin. Some people don’t have much money to spend, while others don’t know where to spend it.

What is right for one author isn’t necessarily right for another. To successfully promote your book, you have to be comfortable with the way you’re doing it. That doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t stretch yourself if the right opportunity comes along, but you also shouldn’t try a method that makes you feel like your integrity is going to be called into question.

If you’re looking for ideas on how to market your book and yourself, take a look at Sell Your Book Like Wildfire, by Rob Eagar (read my review here: http://www.readablewriter.com/Reviews.html).

To me, the book is a comprehensive view of several ideas that you can try, modify, or ignore. I believe every author can find at least one tool to utilize, and many more to mull over. Mr. Eagar shares stories that illustrate how his marketing suggestions have worked, and they bring his concepts to life.

For my novel , 2012: The Rising, I was on a short timeline from the date of publication to the December 21, 2012 event that my book is about. I wish I would have read Mr. Eagar’s book earlier in the year because there were so many ideas that I could have put into motion.

I will return to this book over and over again, as well as Mr. Eagar’s website, because I believe that with patience and the right promotional tools, I can market myself like wildfire.

No comments:

Post a Comment